We’ve been busy updating and (we hope) improving our website and Facebook account This post explains what we have been doing and what we still want to do.
Our Facebook account.
We have resolved issues with our Facebook account and will now be regularly updating it. It has a slightly new look on the home page – we have reintroduced the CADLHS logo.
If you’re not already ‘following us’ on Facebook perhaps you might visit the site and give it go:
Our website: most pages have been updated.
Issues updated have included:
- Current meeting event details.
- Our meetings programme.
- Our posts (the articles you see on our home page, such as this one) have had all the old non-relevant information removed.
Our website: we have rearranged how things are accessed on our menus.
The top black ribbon menu has been revised.
- We have added a link to ‘History Resources’. These comprise short historical articles that were effectively buried in the site. These are now available as pdfs and will be added to in the coming months.
- We have removed some information that is best dealt with on other sites (and we have linked to these). Examples removed include a list of Chesterfield’s mayors and of the town’s listed buildings.
- ‘Our publications’ is a new page currently under construction, but it will feature a list of all our available history papers, occasional publications and our journal.
- Finally on the top menu, the ‘links’ page (to other organisations) has been revised and updated.
The left-hand side menu is also slightly revised.
- A link to our Facebook page (itself hopefully to be revitalised over the next few weeks) is now included.
- Access to our latest and old newsletters is now just below the Facebook page link.
- The ‘Chronicle of our town’s history’ has been reformatted and updated. It now covers the period up to 1938.
- A link to a now non-functioning website has been removed. Other external website links remain unchanged, except that the Horns Bridge website has been linked (as that site is live).
Our website: the members’ page has been removed.
We have, for now, removed the members’ page. This was never correctly set-up and there are currently issues around resourcing this feature. An attempt may be made to reactivate this in the future.
We have resolved our email problems.
The difficulties we have had with our emails has been resolved. You can now contact our chairman or secretary.
Things we still need to do.
There’re still some things to do including:
- On our website; we need to add details on how to join the society, cost, benefits, etc.
- On our website; we need to add details of our publications and their availability.
Though the website is in the hands of a ‘temporary’ webmaster we think that the content and links make a fairly sound basis on which to move the website forward.
The society still requires a webmaster. If you are familiar with WordPress all the better. If not, basic training can be given. Please contact us if you are interested.
We hope that you approve of these changes. We’ll be keeping you posted on further developments.
First posted 27 March 2022. Revised 30 March 2022 and 3 April 2022 to reflect further progress on resolving our website and Facebook issues.