Our new Cestrefeld Journal has been published and is now available. Find out more about what’s in our eighth edition in this post.
We’ve a varied series of articles in our Cestrefeld Journal number 8 (for 2023). Ranging from Harry Launder’s connection with Chesterfield, Whittington glass, Chesterfield Congregational Church history to the Slack family, those curious in our town’s history are sure to find something of interest in it.
The full contents are:
- Whittington Glass by Christine Thomason
- Holywell House by Janet Murphy
- Thomas Humphrey Pedley of Stubbing Court by David Edwards
- John Adams Wardell and the Livingstone Café by Angela Bridgman
- Chesterfield Congregational Church part 1, by Janet Murphy
- The Chesterfield Connection with Sir Harry Lauder, by Michael Jackson
- Dr Jonathon Stokes, by Janet Murphy
- The Family History of the Slacks part 3, by Geoff Marsden
- Chesterfield’s Drill Halls, by Janet Murphy
Of around 38 pages, A4 and fully illustrated the cost to members is £3; to non-members – £7. You can purchase a copy at our meetings or via post by contacting us (additional P&P will apply).
Other editions of our journal are still available and some (up to edition 4) are available for free download. Click here to find out more about these, from our publications page.